John Draper co-chaired the 22nd Annual New Mexico Water Law Conference in Santa Fe, NM, on September 11 and 12, 2014. John helped found this conference in 1993 and has co-chaired it every year since. This year, the conference featured presentations by New Mexico State Engineer Scott A. Verhines and the EPA's Administrator for the South Central Region, Ron Curry.
The conference focused on water law, water policy and water disputes important to New Mexico water professionals. Presentations included:
• Lower Rio Grande Litigation and Administration
• The Aamodt and Other Tribal Settlements
• The Endangered Species Act in the Middle Rio Grande
• The Water-Use Leasing Act
• Aquifer Storage and Recovery
• Rural Domestic Water Associations in New Mexico
• Federal Policies and Enforcement Initiatives: Impact on New Mexico
• Litigation, Regulation and Legislation Update
• Middle Rio Grande Stormwater Runoff Permits
• Groundwater Pollution Investigation and Cleanup
• Aging Infrastructure
• Ethics for Water Lawyers
For the 2014 New Mexico Water Law Conference brochure, click here.
For the conference website, click here.